- How do I make time?
- How much time do I need?
- How often/how many days?
- Who for?
- Who with?
There are a lot of questions when you are trying to start exercing.
And my biggest response is: DONT OVERTHINK IT.
Stop thinking about exercise as this thing that has to be done to loose weight and start thinking of it as movement to gain control of your body.
1. If you really want to add exercise to you life you will first need to change your relationship with it. And that starts with experimenting and making it a journey of fun and freedom.
So set aside your favorite sitting hobbies and start your new journey of using your body for fun.
2. It’s going to take time to see big results, never give up, just try changing things up.
3. Find what works best for you! We all want a quick fix, easy answer or formula for success…. but even when we have it, we still don’t use it. That’s because it may not motivate you or be what works best for your life.
This is going to be a challenge, if it were easy everyone would do it.
4. Its difficult because you are trying to break “bad” habits and starting “good” habits.
Get rid of this concept of good and bad and stopping and starting.
You need to replace old habits with new habits.
5. Do you need a personal trainer, fancy gym membership, join a boot camp., ect?
Most likely, because most of us need the motivation…because we don’t spend enough time motivating ourselves.
However, if you can take time to meditate for 5 min every morning and night and spend 5-10 mins per journaling about your goals and time each week to listen to or read a self-development book, then no. You can do this.
You just need to make a decision and stop guessing.
Explore options and find what works best for you.
What if you cannot afford the fancy stuff? BARTER. Find someone that you can barter your skills with. Maybe its cleaning a local gym or studio, advertising, offering a service or helping in some way.